- Can you make this simple? What is my monthly rate?
Depending on the plan you choose your monthly rate will range from $29.99 per month to $129.99 per month. On select plans, we offer incentives whereby you will receive adiscount for the first 24 months. The incentive pricing period is limited to the 24 month window. It's a great benefit to help you get started as you transition to the ease and speed of satellite Internet technology.
- What are the requirements for the best pricing?
- To get the best pricing on a monthly basis, we require a 24≠month commitment for service because this is how we are able to offer you the lowest monthly rate. Should you choose to start, but then cancel a 24≠month commitment, early termination fees are in effect.
- We require a major credit card or debit card to purchase the plan.
- We require that you purchase or lease HughesNet service and equipment.
- We have a minimum activation period where your HughesNet service must remain active.
- Our pricing involves promotional rebates that must be mailed in by expiration date.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Our special promotions are void where prohibited by law.
- Ask your customer service representative for all details.
There are logical reasons why no one can guarantee top speeds in all situations. The latest FCC report released in 2015, ranked HughesNet Gen4 #1 in delivering advertised speed performance! This means that you can expect optimum speeds from HughesNet!Technology performance is contingent upon the configuration of your computer(s), how many other users are online at the same time as you, traffic congestion on the network or on the Internet, and other factors.Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. During peak hours, actual upload and download speed will likely be lower than speeds indicated. Overall, your experience should be an excellent one but we do want to provide you with as much information as possible.
- What is included with a professional installation?
- The HughesNet satellite modem (Indoor Unit or IDU) with power supply will be connected to your computer with a HughesNet-supplied LAN cable.
- A HughesNet satellite antenna (dish), radio, and mount will be located:
- With a clear line of sight to the southern sky.
- At least 4¬†feet off the ground so that it is out of reach of small children.
- So that it is accessible with a 24- to 25-foot ladder for quick and easy servicing should it ever be required. This is usually on the first level of the residence.
- Up to 125¬†feet of dual RG-6 cable will be run from the antenna outside to the computer inside through a single exterior wall penetration to an adjacent interior wall. It will then be terminated on the inside wall with a two-connector faceplate.
- A grounding block is provided and the entire system is grounded to an NEC-approved bonding point.
- All outdoor penetrations and water-resistant compression fitting are thoroughly weather-sealed.
- How quickly will I be up and running?
Next-day installation is often available. When you place your order today, the sales representative can check the availability calendar for local installers in your area.
- Can the HughesNet -certified installer set up my home network and wireless router?
If you'd like, you can inquire if this option is available at an additional cost through your installer when you set your installation appointment. However, home networks are not included or supported by HUGHES technical support.
- Custom work, including moldings or cosmetic hardware to hide cables, and non-penetrating roof, pole or chimney mounts (Be sure to discuss complex installations with your installer prior to work beginning).
- Removal or repair of previously mounted equipment (this work may be performed with a signed Waiver of Liability).
- Mounting to a roof structure that exceeds one story in height.
- Pole mount for cosmetic purposes (the pole mount is only included in a standard installation if needed to gain a clear view of the Southern sky).